Regulations On Students Conduct And Discipline
A high standard of personal discipline and integrity is expected of every student of Calvary Polytechnic. Each student is expected to conduct himself/herself peaceably in espousing any charges he/she may consider necessary. Calvary Polytechnic regards all acts of unethical, immoral, dishonest or destructive behavior, as well as violations of University regulations, as serious offences. It is the responsibility of each student to know these regulations.
All members of the Calvary Polytechnic Community are to obey the laws of the nation and to embrace the demands of mutual co-existence with their neighbours. Each member should recognise that, as he/she values the rights and freedom for himself/herself, so also is he/she expected to respect the rights and freedom of others.
List of Offenses
The following are misconducts for which the Student Disciplinary Committee can investigate and try students:
- Unruly Behaviour
- Indecent Behaviour
- Disorderly Assembly
- Membership of Secret Cults
- Double Matriculation
- Damage of Polytechnic property
- Giving false identity/Information
- Overt Sexual Behavior
- Disregard for spiritual value and institution Sexual Harassment
- Violation of Hall of residence regulations.
- Violation of Dress code
- Examination misconduct
Any other offence that is, in the opinion of the SDC considered to be contrary to what the Polytechnic’s vision stands for.
- Disregard for Cultural ethics and ethos
- Unauthorized displacement of University property
- Driving And Keeping Vehicle On Campus Without Permission:
- No student is expected to drive or keep any vehicle, personal or commercial within the Polytechnic premises without due authorisation from the Dean of Student Affairs.
- Crossing of Lawns.
- Urinating outside designated areas.
- Use of threat of violence of any kind on anybody
- Use of fireworks and possession of fire arms and other dangerous weapons